The Foundation Course
We strongly believe in the power of pronunciation when learning a new language. Therefore, from lesson 1 you begin to learn how to speak and sound natural in Spanish. Class is twice a week for 1 hour or 1.5 hours per session, and at the end of the course you will have attained the following:
- How to use our pronunciation technique (blending, linking and merging) to effectively use words and phrases when you need them.
- How to start and finish conversations with basic everyday expressions.
- How to ask specific questions in a restaurant and how to accept or decline what you’re being offered.
- How to build sentences on your own, using about 50 commonly used verbs.
- How to ask for things around you and formulate questions.
- How to express future actions in Spanish.
- Introduction to present tense conjugation.
Learning methods and class materials
- Step1.-Each class you will practice very short, guided conversations with your instructor and/or classmates. You will be suggested ways to improve your pronunciation and the use of sentence structure.
- Step 2.- You will listen to your homework online to practice between classes. In the audio recordings you will hear and practice out loud the same vocabulary words and phrases used in the conversations.
- Step 3.-Attend your next class and practice again with your instructor and/or classmates.
This method is based on the repetition of words and the purpose is to create the habit of speaking and listening to Spanish consistently. You will recycle the same words and repeat the same or similar phrases and sentences during each class activity. Once you sign up and throughout the duration of the course you will use our online platform with audio exercises, worksheets and downloadable cheat sheets.
Vocabulary has been an issue for new students we interview since words presented in some popular language apps are usually from other Spanish speaking countries and locals don’t entirely recognize some of them. In this course you will learn words, verbs, sentence structure and phrases as used and heard in Mexico, and the local area.
Who is this class for?
This course is suitable for beginners, and for students want to solidify the basics of pronunciation and sentence structure. The average number of students per class is between 5 and 8. We try to keep the groups small to preserve the quality of your learning experience. Click here to learn about semi-private lessons.
We take cash and online payments with card or Pay Pal.